Making Pulse Relief Technology Accessible to Everyone
We often hear about therapeutic massage and wonder what it really is? Is it different from the regular massage?
Does it have any exclusive benefits? When do you use it?
Find answers to all these questions and much more as you read on.
We have a fair idea about what is massage. It is physical rubbing, kneading of the body by hand to de-stress and relax it.
The physical act of manipulation and mobilization of tissues, muscles, and body fluids to achieve regular systemic and functional use of the body and its parts is ‘therapeutic massage.’
In simple words, therapeutic massage helps resolve musculoskeletal pains and disorders. The sole objective of therapeutic massage is to solve a physical ailment or disorder.
For that matter, it could be a massage done to increase the range of motion in case of frozen shoulder. Or massage of knees to reduce the arthritis pain. Or try to increase the strength of an arm, which was in plaster for a long time.
Therapeutic massage is done with a particular health goal in mind. And most of the time, it deals with increasing the range of motion, flexibility, or induce strength to some body parts.
The healing ability of the therapeutic massage is based on the philosophy ‘Vis Medicatrix Naturae’- The body knows how to heal itself, therapeutic massage just aids and cues this natural healing process.
The word massage conjures up the image of a well-decorated spa, with incense fragrance, lamps, flowers, and relaxing music. This ambiance is real for the regular massage, very popularly known as the Swedish massage. Ironically the Swedish massage has nothing to do with Sweden. The whole idea and execution are glamorous.
Therapeutic massage is administered by an LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist), generally in his/her massage Centre, which looks more like a clinic rather than a spa. Glamour is amiss. It is done very seriously, like physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is more about exercises done by the patient, whereas in therapeutic massage, the patient is passive, and the therapist executes the massage.
The difference between the regular massage and therapeutic massage is easy to understand based on the following parameters.
The therapeutic massage is expensive than the regular or Swedish massage.
Therapeutic massage delivers lots of specific benefits. Some of them are;
1. It promotes stress management. Particular nerves and pressure points when massaged with skill and expertise, reduce the stress levels considerably. Continued therapeutic massage can reduce the stress levels permanently. The body registers the new standards and learns to be at ease.
2. It is administered as a part of the post-operative care if permitted by the doctor. Blood circulation and toxin disposal increases. And specific muscles and tissues can be worked upon for flexibility or strength.
3. It is a complementary therapy along with medication to treat psychological disorders and emotional bouts. Therapeutic massages help release endorphins, serotonin, and such other happy hormones.
4. The chronic pain is very well managed by therapeutic massage. It breaks the pain spasm cycle, and the body slowly forgets the pain and gets well.
5. Used as an excellent pre-sport massage, it loosens up the muscles and tissue, and the body is fully relaxed before the play. After the game, the therapeutic massage can take away the fatigue and sore out of the muscles.
Apart from these, therapeutic massage works very well for
Depending on your requirement, you can go in for a regular massage and feel relaxed or try the therapeutic massage and feel relieved.
Stress, hectic schedules, junk food, pollution, lack of sleep, and exercise- this is the story of every urban dweller these days. All these take a heavy toll on the facial skin. They lose their tone, texture, glow, and natural innocence. Frankly speaking, cosmetics do more harm than good. Is there a sensible and workable option? Yes! Facial massage can bring back the lost glory to a great extent. It is simple, no expenses, and can be self-administered.
People generally feeling better after massages. Apart from feeling good, there are many benefits associated with massage. It is great to know more about how massage can make us better.
Give yourself a neck massage right at home. Take a break. You really do not have to go to the massage therapist. Many a time due to bad posture, or prolonged working on computer, stress pain or stiffness develops in the neck. It may also lead to headache or heaviness in the head because of restricted blood flow to the neck.